Monday, March 25, 2013

Megan - Week 2 Update

Week two: I've lost 1 lb and gain about a 1/4 to 1/2 an inch in my biceps. Everything else has stayed consistent. I exercise in the Gym Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday for just under an hour and a half each day. Then on Saturday I did hot yoga and Crossfit (thanks Sunny!) which ended up being 142 wall balls with a 10 lb ball and a 9 ft target. Needless to say my legs are very sore and it's leg day, yay! I'm working on eating at the higher end of my calories because I'm not wanting to lose any more weight. Above all I really am focusing on getting over that 140g of protein goal each day. It's actually hard sometimes. I got a fridge stocked with chicken, lean turkey, and fish this week so meal planning should be easy. I switched up breakfast to rolled oats with a scoop of vanilla protein and cinnamon, and a hard boiled egg on the side. I'm trying to be more creative with my food. I've made protein french toast, protein pancakes, spaghetti squash casserole, and my favorite protein ice cream sandwiches.

The other night at Sunny's birthday dinner I thought it was funny when Susan said "You've probably always been skinny". I found this 'before' picture in an email I sent my mom back in September 2009 when I lived in Chicago. It is from the Wisconsin State Fair and you can bet I was eating some cheese curds! The funny part is I actually was posing next to a fake cow. I didn't take many pictures when I lived there. I hated every aspect of being there and I think it was actually shortly after this picture that I started slowly creeping towards changing my life. Though it wasn't until summer of 2011 that I really went full steam. Colby said I look unrecognizable, as if it is a picture of a long lost sister or something. I was at the top end of my BMI for my height and I never want to go back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...