Week one is done! 7 days down and 23 more to go. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be. I worked out 4 days in the gym for a little over an hour each day; 40 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight lifting. I alternated upper body and lower body each day. Saturday I walked my dog for 45 minutes and Sunday Colby and I went hiking for an hour and half at Lake Norman State Park. So pretty much I stayed active even on my rest days.
As far as diet, I've been really happy with my choices. I've been drinking a protein shake with fruits, almond butter, and flaxseed every morning (the natural sugar in the fruit helps a lot!), a snack between 10:30 and 11:00am which usually consists of a low GI fruit or vegetables, lunch is a mix of a meat protein/vegetables/whole grain carbs, protein shake around 3:00pm, for dinner meat/protein/vegetables/the majority of my whole grain carbs, and then finally a protein shake after the gym (only if I'm working out). The protein shakes really help with making me feel full and satisfied. I've been trying to take in between 100-140g/day, which has actually been kind of challenging in itself. I did find out my protein powder has sucralose in it, which breaks my artificial sweetener rule, but it's less than 2% of the ingredients so I'm going to let it slide. When I run out of it I'll change to a different powder. I only had one 'bad decision' and that was when I gave in and got a box of Raisinets at the movie theater. What made it 'bad' for me obviously was the sugar; 27g a serving. One big accomplishment was making it through St. Patrick's Day without drinking! Week one was definitely a win for me.
As far as results, I'm down 2lbs, 1inch in my waist, and half an inch in my hips. Progress picture from this morning below.

No comments:
Post a Comment